A Kathmandu to Kalinchowk jeep tour is a popular excursion that takes visitors from the capital city of Kathmandu to the beautiful hilltop village of Kalinchowk, located in the Dolakha district of Nepal.
Kalinchowk is known for its beautiful scenery and is a popular spot for trekking, hiking and paragliding. It is best to take a tour with a reputed tour operator and enjoy the beautiful landscape and culture of Nepal.
The tour typically begins in the city of Kathmandu, where travelers will board a jeep and head out on a journey through the mountains. Along the way, they will pass through small villages, cross rickety bridges, and traverse rugged terrain as they make their way to the Kalinchowk Temple.
The temple, which is located at an altitude of 3,842 meters, is a popular pilgrimage site for Hindus and is dedicated to the goddess Kalinchowk Bhagwati. Visitors can explore the temple, offer prayers, and take in the stunning views of the surrounding mountains. The tour also includes stops at other scenic locations, such as the Tamang village, where visitors can learn about the local culture and customs.
The tour typically takes around 10-12 hours, and the journey can be challenging due to the rough terrain and high altitude. However, the breathtaking views and unique cultural experience make it well worth the effort.
● The breathtaking views of the Himalayan mountain ranges, including Mount Everest, as well as other peaks such as Langtang and Manaslu.
● The opportunity to explore traditional Tamang and Sherpa villages, and learn about the unique culture and customs of the local people.
● The chance to visit the Kalinchowk Bhagwati Temple, a popular pilgrimage site for both Hindus and Buddhists, and learn about the history and significance of the temple.
● The opportunity to hike to the summit of Kalinchowk Hill and experience the panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
● The opportunity to go camping and spend a night under the stars in the heart of the Himalayas.
● The chance to experience the local cuisine and sample delicious traditional dishes such as momos, dal bhat, and chow mein.
● A chance to explore the beautiful forests and rhododendron jungles of the area.
Day 1: Kathmandu to Kalinchowk (160 km, approx. 6-7 hours)
● Depart from Kathmandu in the morning, taking a scenic drive through the beautiful Nepalese countryside.
● Along the way, stop at various small villages and temples to admire the traditional architecture and culture.
● After passing through the towns of Dolakha and Charikot, reach Kalinchowk in the late afternoon.
● Check into your hotel or guesthouse and have dinner.
Day 2: Kalinchok Sightseeing
● Wake up early to catch the sunrise over the Himalayas.
● Take a short hike to the Kalinchowk Bhagwati temple, a popular pilgrimage site for Hindus.
● Return to your hotel for breakfast.
● Visit the local market to shop for souvenirs and traditional handicrafts.
● After lunch, take a jeep tour to visit the nearby hot springs, believed to have healing properties.
● Return to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: Kalinchowk to Kathmandu (160 km, approx. 6-7 hours)
● After breakfast, depart from Kalinchowk and return to Kathmandu.
● Along the way, stop at any sights or places you missed on the way in.
● Arrive back in Kathmandu in the late afternoon.
● Check into your hotel and have dinner.
● Rest and prepare for your next adventure.
Every Seasons for Kalinchowk Jeep Tour
Spring (March to May): The weather is mild and comfortable during this time, making it the perfect season for trekking and hiking. The landscape is lush and green, and the wildflowers are in full bloom.
Summer (June to August): The monsoon season starts in June and continues until August, making it a less popular time to visit Kalinchowk. However, the lush green landscapes are at their most beautiful during this time.
Autumn (September to November): The weather is dry and clear, making it the best time for trekking and hiking. The views of the Himalayas are spectacular, and the fall foliage adds to the beauty of the landscape.
Winter (December to February): The weather is cold and dry, making it a popular time for skiing and snowboarding. The snow-covered mountains and frozen lakes add to the beauty of the landscape.
Basic accommodation: The majority of the accommodations during the Kalinchowk jeep tour will be basic and rustic. This includes homestays, guesthouses, and small lodges that provide basic amenities such as a bed, a private bathroom, and hot water.
Camping: Some parts of the Kalinchowk jeep tour may include camping as an option for accommodation. This will typically include a tent and a sleeping bag.
Limited electricity: It is important to note that electricity may be limited in some of the accommodations, so it is recommended to bring a portable charger for electronic devices.
Meals: Most accommodations will provide meals, but it is important to check with the tour operator or the accommodation provider before booking.
Cultural experiences: Many of the accommodations during the Kalinchowk jeep tour will provide opportunities to experience local culture and traditions, such as traditional meals and cultural activities.
The costs and expenses for a Kathmandu to Kalinchowk jeep tour can vary depending on a number of factors, including the number of people in the group, the length of the tour, and the type of accommodations and activities included.
Some of the expenses that may be incurred on a jeep tour of this kind include:
Jeep rental to Kalinchok: The cost of renting a jeep for the tour will depend on the type of vehicle and the duration of the rental. Expect to pay around $100-150 per day for a standard 4x4 jeep.
Fuel and maintenance: The cost of fuel and any necessary maintenance for the jeep will also need to be taken into account.
Permits and fees: Some areas along the route may require permits or have entry fees, which will need to be paid for.
Accommodations: Depending on the length of the tour, you may need to pay for overnight accommodations along the way. This could include camping, homestays, or hotels.
Food and drink: You will also need to budget for food and drink during the tour, which could include meals at local restaurants, snacks, and drinks.
Overall, you can expect to spend around $300-500 per person for a Kathmandu to Kalinchowk jeep tour, depending on the specific details of the trip. It is always best to discuss with a tour operator or travel agent to get an accurate estimate
Warm clothing: The temperature in Kalinchowk can drop significantly at night, so it's important to bring warm clothing such as a jacket, sweater, and gloves.
Hiking boots: The terrain in Kalinchowk can be rough, so it's essential to have a good pair of hiking boots to provide support and traction.
Water bottles: It's important to stay hydrated during the tour, so make sure to bring enough water bottles to last the entire trip.
Camera: Kalinchowk is known for its stunning views, so don't forget to bring a camera to capture the beauty of the mountains.
Sunscreen and sunglasses: The sun can be intense at high altitudes, so make sure to bring sunscreen and sunglasses to protect your skin and eyes.
First aid kit: Accidents can happen, so it's best to be prepared by bringing a small first aid kit with essentials like band-aids and pain relievers.
Snacks: Bring some snacks like dry fruits, energy bars or chocolate bars to keep you going during the tour.
Cash: Make sure to carry some cash with you as there may not be ATMs or credit card facilities available.
Personal identification: Carry your passport or national ID card as it may be required to show at the check post.
Travel insurance: It is always recommended to have travel insurance while travelling to remote areas.
How long does the Kalinchowk jeep tour take?
The tour typically takes around 8-10 hours, depending on the route and traffic conditions.
What is the best time to go on the Kalinchowk jeep tour?
The best time to go on the Kalinchowk jeep tour is during the months of September to May, as the weather is more favorable for traveling.
What is included in the Kalinchowk jeep tour package?
The package typically includes transportation in a 4x4 jeep, a local guide, and permit fees. Some packages may also include meals and accommodation.
Are there any age restrictions for the Kalinchowk jeep tour?
There are no specific age restrictions for the Kalinchowk jeep tour, but it is recommended for individuals who are physically fit and able to handle the rough terrain.
Is it necessary to book the Kalinchowk jeep tour in advance?
It is recommended to book the Kalinchowk jeep tour in advance, as the tour can get fully booked during peak season.
What should I bring on the Kalinchowk jeep tour?
It is recommended to bring warm clothing, comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
Is the Kalinchowk jeep tour suitable for families with children?
The Kalinchowk jeep tour can be suitable for families with children, but it is recommended to check with the tour operator if they have any age restrictions or other recommendations.
Are there any additional costs or fees on the Kalinchowk jeep tour?
There may be additional costs or fees for certain activities or services, such as renting equipment or hiring a local guide. It is best to check with the tour operator for a complete list of costs and fees.